Pay-per-click advertising is one of the best marketing investments you can make. Not only are both Bing and Google Ads PPC ads a relatively cheap cost-per-click compared to other marketing avenues, but they also target people where and when they most likely to need your product.
Before you get started on your Google PPC (or Bing PPC) campaign, you should familiarize yourself with the statistics that make it worth it. These PPC statistics should help you get a good measurement of what to expect and which types of pay-per-click ads will work best for high conversion rates.
Why choose PPC ads? Because you’re reaching the people you want to reach where and when you what to reach them. Display ads can be shown on specific websites that relate to your business, and search ads appear at the top of the search engine results. These bing and Google ads statistics should clear up any other questions about display ads:
- Google AdWords results receive 65% of the clicks that started with buying keywords, while organic results only receive 35 percent.
- Businesses make an average of $2 in income for every $1 they spend in AdWords.
- On average, 41% of clicks go to the top 3 paid ads on the search results page.
- For high commercial intent searches (someone looking to buy a product) paid ads get 65% of all clicks.
- The average click-through rate for an ad in the first position is 7.94%. An average click-through rate is 2%.
- PPC visitors are 50% more likely to purchase something than organic visitors.
- 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn paid ads.
- One company increased their PPC ROI by 2.5 times with Facebook remarketing.
- Search ads can increase brand awareness by 80%.
- 75% of people who find local, helpful information in search results are more likely to visit the physical stores.
- Terra Organics attributes 25% of their new customers to their targeted search campaigns.
- Display advertising has proven to increase traffic to websites by 300%.
- There are at least 300,000 mobile apps currently serving Google Mobile Ads.
- 43% of new customers buy something they saw in a YouTube ad.
- AdWords competitive rate of 87% allows your advertisement to fairly promote your products or services making you a competitor to those in similar industries.
- The Legal industry has the highest average Cost Per Actions: $135.17
- Industry with the best average conversion rate for AdWords search ads: Insurance and Finance.
- Industry with the best average conversion rate for AdWords display ads: Home Goods (2.19%).
- The average person is served over 1,700 banner ads per month, but only half of them are ever viewed.
- The proportion of desktop and laptop users who use blockers is more than twice as large as the proportion of smartphone users who use blockers.
- Ad blocking in the US has increased from 15%-30% since 2014.
- 30% of marketers think outbound marketing tactics are overrated.
- 70% of millennials like it when they can click on a product from an ad.